INFOSEC - Learning Log #4



Last week (July 25, 2017 - July 28, 2017), Asia Pacific College celebrated SoCIT Techfest. Usually, SoCIT students are excused from class in order to participate in activities or seminars planned by various organizations. INFOSEC was no exception.

Sadly, it was raining hard and the wind was very strong last Thursday morning. I was already in corporate attire by 8am so that I could attend my 9:30 INFOSEC class. However, I couldn't leave the house because it was raining hard. I tried to go out and got soaked by the rain. Thus I had to wait an hour before the rain relented and had a hard time commuting because some areas were starting to flood. I got to school at 10:15. I headed straight for the auditorium because we were asked to participate in the VR (Virtual Reality) Seminar. There we learned the difference between virtual reality and augmented reality (AR). We also learned how VR and AR can be applied in different industries. Ex: Medical students use VR to learn about human anatomy and different medical conditions, google maps also uses AR, the designer brand Gucci uses VR to conceptualize designs, etc.

Afterwards, it was time for our SYSADD class, for SYSADD we were asked to participate in the eminar conducted by Sir Justin - our INFOSEC professor. He talked about Security App Development. It was really useful because we could apply it in our SLDC -software life development cycle -  for our PBL projects/systems.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12. - Why the Lord Made Cockroaches

11. - "A Book Is More Than That"

16. - Comments for my Dear Classmates