INFOSEC - Learning Log #5



For this learning log, the lesson discussed in class was about Cryptography. I already had some knowledge about cryptography because we studied it the year before in COMPAIS class. I remember enjoying this lesson because of it's number patterns. (Yes, I like math).

However, in INFOSEC we had a more detailed discussion. I learned about symmetric algorithms and asymmetric algorithms. Under Asymmetric Encryption, we studied RSA (Ron Rivest, AdiShamir, and Leonard Adleman) which makes use of n (product of two prime numbers, p and q), e (public key) and d (private key). We also studied the Diffie-Hellman Algorithm. We did some exercises abot the 2 algorithms. I enjoyed doing these exercises. I kind of felt like I was a spy decoding messages.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12. - Why the Lord Made Cockroaches

11. - "A Book Is More Than That"

16. - Comments for my Dear Classmates